Sweet awesome hotness

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Hi,

I love this program :D especially coming from the linux world using a tiling WM for the past 6 years or so. Wish there was proper multimonitor support for when I plug my laptop into an extra monitor. I took a look into the source and if (big if) I have free time I may take a stab at it. What do I need to download to start developing in C#? Does http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/ work?

regards,

froseph

Coordinator
May 16, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the... um late answer, but I hope you saw in the other thread - I am not in home and I did not have access to internet for the past month and so.

The multimonitor support is a difficult one as 1) I have absolutely no idea how multimonitors work in Windows as a whole and 2) I cannot test it. 1) is more difficult. For example: can you display different things on the two monitors? Can you display the same window but resized differently? If not, what happens if you try to show 2 workspaces on the two monitors which contain the same program but resized differently (which is possible in Windawesome)? There are many questions that need answers I don't have and don't have the time to test. If you feel sure you know all these things - please. be my guest - try to implement it. The architecture of Windawesome currently is such that multimonitor support is far from possible, but I will help if you help me understand. I can even try to sit down and implement it myself but I need a lot of information about tricky things like that. You could point me to some documents... :)

Yes, the Express edition of VS should work if you still want to try.

Regards,

Boris