How to move apps to another workspace

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Is there a way to move apps between workspaces while they are running or is the only way by using rules and restarting the app?

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Of course it is, ALT + SHIFT + number by default. Check the third config file for MoveWindowToWorkspace or something. :)

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM

ahh,  I wondered what that section did.  After pondering this a lot, I believe that section is adding/registering three different actions.

1. switch view to workspace #.   (alt+num)

2. Change application to workspace #.  (alt + shift + num)

3. Show application on workspace # (as well as the current workspace.).    (ctr+alt+shift+num)   How to you stop the application from showing on a workspace?

I'm a database programmer so this is a little strange... 

I must say, I've been using bblean for years and this may convince me to leave.  windawesome is nice even if it's a little rough around the edges yet.

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM

You got it right about the three things. Number 3 I don't use almost at all, however the other two are probably the most important things you can do with this WM. In order to stop showing an app on a workspace you could quit it (ALT + Q by default) which would close it on all workspaces, or you could use CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + Q which would remove it just from the current workspace (see remove_application_from_workspace in the config file).

Windawesome is pretty different from bblean. One is just a tiling WM which works on top of explorer.exe and the other is a huge shell replacement with LOTS of stuff in it. I think there's even people who use Windawesome WITH bblean, although I have no idea whether that would work nicely. :D