dual monitor working, but tiling to one screen

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Edited Jun 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM

hi,

thanks for writing this.. I have a dual monitor config up and running, and i have placed bars on both screens. However, whenever I click the layout button on monitor0 or monitor1, whatever is on monitor1 moves to, and tiles on monitor0.

I am happy to go though the config/code to find out why this is happening, I just wanted to check before I do whether this is the way it works at the moment? or if I am doing something incorrect, and should look further in to the code? I couldnt find anywhere in the config mention of what screen to display, I imagine its in the code, not the config..

More detail if needed:

I have windawesome running on 2 screens with a taskbar on each. I have, lets say 7 applications open, 4 on monitor0, and 3 on monitor1. When I click the layout button, (I get the same behaviour whether I click the layout button on monitor0 or monitor1) any applications that were on monitor1, move to monitor0 and tile.

thanks again..

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Hello,

Well, this could happen for a number of reasons (but definitely shouldn't if you configure it the right way and there's no bugs in my code). The number one reason I could think of is that you have a floating workspace on both screens and you have manually put the windows from the workspace on monitor 0 to the screen on monitor 1. Note that this DOES NOT move the windows to be on the workspace of monitor 1. They are still on monitor 0's and that's why when you try to tile they all go there. This doesn't explain a couple of the things you are seeing though. Could I take a look at your configs? It must be something there. :) Post them on pastebin or something and post a link here.

Regards!