Foobar now playing

Jun 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Is it possible to have a now playing widget for foobar?

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Hello,

For sure it is. :) Just somebody has to do it. :) It could actually be fairly trivial - The title of the song currently playing is displayed in the titlebar. And that is extremely easy to get. So one could just subscribe to the changing of the title of foobar2000 and you could get a widget that does that. Are you are programmer? You could do it yourself. :) If not, I could be able to do it, but not in the foreseeable future, as I have no time right now.

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM

hi,

so it should look like conky?

actually, the currently played song is already displayed in my applicationTabsWidget.

you can change that in the foobar settings at the "main window title format script". Just replace the given script with the following:

♫ $if(%ispaused%,'[Paused]' ,)[%artist%][ - %title%][ '['%source%']']

Looks like this then: http://oi45.tinypic.com/25anpro.jpg

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM

forgot: Also I use TBarIconBlanker: http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-program-icons-from-windows-titlebar-and-taskbar-buttons/

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Yep, it is displayed in the AppsWidget. However, if you want it displayed on all workspaces, you need a different widget only for that. :)

Jul 29, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Hi, just wondering on the ETA for this. I think this would be a great addition to Windawesome and could then be expanded to other music players like mpd/ncmpcpp, winamp, etc.

Thanks for the great window manager, been using it for months and I can't go back to vanilla Windows :)

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Hello,

I've pushed a new change-set to the repo. It adds a new widget - CurrentlyPlayingWidget - which does what you want. :) You could compile the new code and use it or wait for the new version which will include the widget, but it won't be out soon so you'd better download the source instead. :)

Regards!

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:57 AM

Hi,

Thanks for adding it. Compiled with no problems, just curious as to how to get it to display the now playing song. I've tried a couple of ways but none seem to work.

Thanks again

Coordinator
Jul 30, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Hello,

Well that's strange. :) Did you add the Widget to any bar? It's not in the default config, so you should add it manually.

If it's not that - do you use Foobar? If yes - can you check the class name of the window? It should be what I've entered as default in the Widget but hell, it might be different.

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Found the problem, I had to change the class name you provided as mine was different (maybe a different version of foobar?). Thanks again for the help and for implementing it, always felt it would be a great addition to Windawesome :)

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2012 at 7:52 AM

You're welcome! :)