Adding windows to tile layout main axis

Mar 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I just starting using Windawesome today - I really like it.  This is definitely the most configurable tiling window manager and is exactly what I was looking for.  

I have one question that I can't seem to figure out though.  How do you add windows to the main axis in the tile layout?  I was looking through the usage file and hotkeys file, and I see that it is possible to change the layout in the master area axis.  However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to add windows to this area, so I can't see the effects of changing the layout in this axis.

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2012 at 4:32 AM

Hello,

Many of the things you can configure are not in the config files as I just don't use that kind of functionality in my workflow. You have to look through the code in order to see what's available. :) In your case, you are looking for TileLayout.AddToMasterAreaWindowsCount in the TileLayout.cs file. So in your configs you could do something like:

subscribe modifiers.Alt, key.whatever do
    windawesome.current_workspace.layout.add_to_master_area_windows_count 1 if windawesome.current_workspace.layout.layout_name == "Tile"
end

Hope this helps.

Regards!

AddToMasterAreaWindowsCount